Monday, July 13, 2009

I wonder how I can incorporate a craft table into my decor

It all started when Seema taught me how to knit. Then I started knitting a lot. And then knitting wouldn't satisfy me all the time, so I decided to learn to use my sewing machine.And things have started snowballing from there. I don't know where my spare time has been going. All I know is that I have been in a serious craft kick for the past few weeks.

The only catch is that I'm still in the beginner stage in the sewing department and the beginner-plus stage in the knitting department, so mostly I've just been trying to develop some basic skills with some small projects that don't require much time or material (in case I screw it up). But, how many teeny tiny things can you knit and sew? Not many, it seems, though I have found a plethora of things to make for my cat.

Let me preface this picture by saying that I 1) paid less than a dollar for the fabric and 2) have (almost) never bought my cat anything other than litter and food. I have never bought her any sort of clothing or accessory.

Nevertheless, the dragon Apple suite:



First I made the blanket, to practice sewing hems. Then I made the pillow, to practice for the pretty non-dragon throw pillows I'm going to make. Then, for whatever reason, I decided to see if I could one-up myself and made the cat bed. I didn't even have the fill for it so I stuffed the thing with old (but clean) socks and underwear.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but the bed is way too small for my constantly growing cat. She has to squish in and coil herself up like a snake.

No comments: